Aprilia Marittima is strategically located in the North East of Italy next to innumerous attrations. Lignano Sabbiadoro is at walking distance, while Venice and Trieste are just a short ride away
At only 2 km from Aprilia Marittima is located the beatiful beach of Lignano Sabbiadoro. Over 7 km of fine golden sand, faschinating sea, modern fashion stores, Golf Club, Spa, cultural and sport events. If you like nature you can enjoy an unforgettable day at the zoo or spend a full day in the naturalistic oasis of Marano
The lagoon of Marano is fed nearly exclusively from rivers (Stella, Turgnano, Cormor, Zellina, Horn, Ausa, Natissa, Tiel), extends for 7,300 hectares, while the second one, more salmastra because of nearly the nonexistent contribution of water course, covers one surface of 8.800 hectares. Altogether, the lagoon comprensorio extends for approximately 16.000 hectares, of which nearly 2,400 of lands emerged. The landscaped and naturalistic wealth is testified from the presence, inside of wraps lagoon, of three regional natural reserves: the natural reserve of the Foci of the Stella, the natural reserve of Cavanata Valley, natural reserve of the Foce of the Isonzo (Island of the Cona). The first, already famous as avifaunistica Oasis of Lagoon Marano, occupies a surface of 1.377 hectares and of fact it covers the entire surface of the mouth of river Stella: it has been declared in the 1976 ?Oasis of faunistic shelter?, in the 1979 ?humid Zone of international value following the Convention of Ramsar?, constitutes ?Area of natural protection? for the Region Friuli-Venice Julia.
Golf club Lignano
Lignano Golf Club course bears the famous signature of the architect Marco Croze and it is extended on an immense ground in the splendid frame of Lignano’s pinewood. The course has got many dangers, but here you can also find beautiful lakes and big bunkers. It was designed to satisfy all technical requirements of top players and also of beginners. Lignano Golf Club is provided with pitching e putting-green and an ample playing field-practice with nine covered tees.
Venezia, La Serenissima, Queen of the Adriatic, city of canals and palaces…or tawdry sewer alive with crowds and charlatans? Venice’s nature is dual: water and land, long history and doubtful future, airy delicacy and dim melancholy. When this precious place sinks, the world will be the poorer. For a thousand years the city was one of the most enduring mercantile sea powers on the face of the earth. Today the brilliance and influence have long since faded, leaving a town of tarnished glories, out of time and out of place, so achingly beautiful it’s hard not to look for the back of the set.
The small and quiet but well known village of Aquileia lies in the plain of Friuli not far from the lagoon of Grado. It is surrounded by the greenery of the countryside which is reflected in the clear waters of the river Natissa. On its western bank, in 2nd century AD, the Romans built the town-fortress that became one of the most famous towns of the Empire, not only for its military, prowess and its economic wealth, but also for its cultural and spiritual magnificence The archaeological remains easily found every where, bear witness of its illustrious past. The Roman forum was the lively centre of city life with its offices, temples, shops, porches and monuments.
Palmanova is a town in northeastern Italy, close to the border with Slovenia. It is located 20 km from Udine, 28 km from Gorizia and 55 km from Trieste. An ancient plant of Palmanova in the Correr Museum of Venice.Palmanova is famous for its fortress-like plant and structure, imitated in the Modern era by numerous military architects.On October 7, 1593, the superintendent of the Republic of Venice founded a revolutionary new kind of settlement: Palmanova. The city?s founding date commemorated the victory of European forces (supplied primarily by the Venetian republic) over Ottoman Turks in the Battle of Lepanto. October 7 also celebrated Saint Justina, chosen as the city?s patron saint. Using all the latest military innovations of the 16th century, this tiny town was a fortress in the shape of a nine-pointed star, designed by Vincenzo Scamozzi. In between the points of the star, ramparts protruded so that the points could defend each other. A moat surrounded the town, and three big, guarded gates allowed entry. The outer line of fortifications was completed under the Napoleonic domination. From 1815 to 1866 the city was under Austria, and was annexed 50 years later to Italy together with Veneto and the western Friuli. In 1960 Palmanova was declared national monument.